Consumer demands for the best family cars of 2012 are those that offer comfort, space, and are lifestyle friendly. The standard styles of family cars include sedans, sport utility vehicles (SUVs), crossovers (CUVs), and minivans.
The first thing a family should consider when choosing a family car is if it will accommodate the entire family. A family can then look at vehicles that fit their needs and lifestyles, especially with children who may become more involved with sports, hobbies, or recreational venues as they get older. The family cars need to be able to support easy entries and exits for children and adults, as well as the ease in setting up and removing infant, toddler, or young child car seats.
The best family cars of 2012 for families of five to eight are:
1) 2012 Toyota Highlander - It is a 7-passenger SUV that comes in a four -cylinder, hybrid, and V-6 models, all of which are automatic transmissions. It is a two-wheel drive car.
2) 2012 Kia Sorento LX - This SUV comfortably sits up to seven passengers comfortably. It is a four-cylinder vehicle with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
3) 2012 Honda Odyssey - A minivan that seats up to eight passengers comfortably. It comes with a V-6 engine and 6-speed automatic transmission.
4) 2012 Ford Explorer - An SUV that comfortably sits seven passengers. It's a four-cylinder vehicle with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The best family cars of 2012 for families of four or less are mid-size sedans (4-door) and crossovers. These newer models offer more back seat leg space, a larger trunk, and cargo space. It also comes with up to 10 standard air bags for safety.
5) 2012 Toyota Camry - The new model has a roomier interior for easy installation of car seats, and comes with a split fold-down rear seat for extra cargo space.
6) 2012 Subaru Impreza - It is designed mainly for comfort with enough leg space in the back seat and room for car seats. More trunk room was added to this model to accommodate the many activities that families are involved in.
7) 2012 Volkswagen Passat - More space has been added to this model than earlier years' models, for comfortable back seat riding and all sizes of car seats. More trunk space was also added to meet the needs of active families. This model uses diesel.
8) 2012 Kia Soul - The back doors are higher, making entry and exit easier, as well as the ease of installing and removing car seats as children move through different growth stages. The back seats can also fold down for added cargo space.
9) 2012 Ford Edge - This is a crossover vehicle that has increased its head and leg space. The back seats can also fold down for added cargo space.
10) 2012 Chevrolet Equinox - This is a crossover vehicle that increased its back seat space and storage rom. The rear seat(s) slide forward for additional cargo space.
Car manufacturers have really focused on the needs of families in 2012, with the idea of making life and transportation easier and much more comfortable.
Richard Clay has been helping Austin, Texas choose insurance that fits their lifestyle for nearly 30 years. His specialties include car insurance, Austin, and motorcycle insurance, Austin. Our Licensed, Professional staff can help you 24 hours/day - 365 days/year. So Contact Us Today!